In order to be accepted for a study program, you need to proof sufficiant German Language Proficiency. Ludwighsafen university of Applied Sciences accepts the following certificates:
- DSH-2, issued from a University in Germany
- C1 certificate of the Goethe-Institut
- Certificate of the Feststellungsprüfung of a German Studienkolleg
- TestDaf-exam with level 4 in all 4 parts
- Deutsches Sprachdiplom II of the Kulturministerkonferenz (DSD II)
- ÖSD 2, the Austrian German Language Proficiency (= DSH-2)
In order to check your German of English language knowledge, you can take part in an online language test: OnSET-Spracheinstufungstest. The results should help you to decide, which language class will be fitting.
The DAAD-Datenbankinforms about Language- and specialised courses from level A1 (beginner) to C2 (far advanced).
Internationales Studienkolleg der Hochschule Kaiserslautern and Internationales Studien- und Sprachenkolleg der Johannes Gutenberg Universität in Mainz offer Geman(-Intensiv)courses for refugees, who are interested in studying in Germany and who already reached level B1.
Under special conditions, you can also take part in a Integrationskurs.