Direkt zum Inhalt springen

German Language Proficiency

In order to be accepted for a study program, you need to proof sufficient German language proficiency. The Ludwighsafen University of Applied Sciences accepts the following certificates:

  • Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang-2 (DSH-2) taken at a university in Germany
  • C1 certificate of the Goethe-Institut
  • Certificate of the assessment test (Feststellungsprüfung) of a German preparatory college (Studienkolleg)
  • TestDaf-exam with the result of at least “ausreichend” (4) in all parts of the test
  • Deutsches Sprachdiplom II (DSDII) from the Conference of Education Ministers (Kultusministerkonferenz)
  • ÖSD 2, the Austrian German Language Proficiency (= DSH-2)

In order to check your German or English language skills, you can take part in an online language test: OnSET-Spracheinstufungstest. The result should help you to decide which language class will be best for you.

The DAAD-database informs you about both general and specialized language courses from level A1 (beginner) to C2 (far advanced).

Refugees who are interested in studying in Germany and who already reached level B1 can attend a German language course at the following preparatory colleges in Kaiserslautern or Mainz:

Under special conditions you can also attend an “Integrationskurs"