The interior of the European Parliament in Strasbourg, a place of union of cultures, languages and a shared future for all the European citizens.
Every time, as I speak about Europe to some non European friends of mine, they talk about Paris, Berlin, Vienna as the gems of this continent. They indeed are beautiful cities, but in my opinion Europe’s nature is being left out so often! Nobody talks about how many fascinating places we have. When people think about nature they mostly think about Asia or South America. But we have so much to offer as well. I think my picture resembles the true beauty of nature, where lakes and mountains meets and it’s in the center of Europe.
Potential recovery of critical raw materials from acid mine drainage, a concerning issue for the environment could be a solution for the metal risk supply in Europe. Took the photo in the confluence between the Agrio River and the Odiel River, in Huelva. From this point onwards, the river gets an incredible amount of pollution that still remains in its outlet to the Atlantic Ocean.
I took this picture in Andorra La Vella while backpacking. I chose the picture because to me Europe has always been the place where nature meets the beautiful European architecture. Also it reminds me of the freedom of movement and adventure that is possible here.
On the occasion of this year's Europe Day (May 9, 2022), you have the chance to win great prizes in our photo competition!
- What does Europe mean to you - as an economic-political union and/or a geographical region?
- What are ideas and pictures that come to your mind when thinking about Europe?
- What is your vision of a joint European future?
- ...or maybe you have a completly different idea for "My picture of Europe?"
Send your picture until April 15, 2022 to international@ 8< SPAM protection, please remove >8 hwg-lu.de and get the chance to win one of these prices:
1st place: Interrail Global Pass (10 days within 2 months)
2nd place: Interrail Global Pass (5 days within 1 month)
3rd place: Interrail Global Pass (4 days within 1 month)
4th and 5th place: Amazon vouchers worth EUR 50 each
Learn more about Interrail and get inspired by their most popular routes: https://www.interrail.eu/en
At a glance:
1) You are a student of one of the five EuroInnA universities (LUBS, UHU, UTB, SAMK, UAlg)? Great!
2) Take a picture expressing your "Picture of Europe"
3) Send it to international@ 8< SPAM protection, please remove >8 hwg-lu.de before April 15 adding your name, your university and a couple of words where you took the picture/why you chose it.
4) Wait..... until April 22! A jury with members of the five EuroInnA partner universities will evaluate all submitted photos and determine the winners. We will notify all participants by email and announce the winners - with a little luck you will be one of them!
We are looking forward to your contributions! Your EuroInnA-team
Questions? We are happy to help! Please contact Katharina Klüver-Beck (international@ 8< SPAM protection, please remove >8 hwg-lu.de).
Notes: Participation is limited to students of one of the five EuroInnA universities (LUBS, UHU, UTB, SAMK, UAlg). Competition period is the 1st of February to the 15th of April, 2022.
By submitting your photographs you are giving permission for the European Innovation Alliance to share them on the homepages and social media channels of the five partner universities and use them to promote and inform readers about the competition. If we use a photograph the participant will be tagged, and credited appropriately. Copyright of the images will remain at all times with the photographer.