Direkt zum Inhalt springen


The entry requirements into the Federal Republic of Germany are different according to your country of origin. Please enquire as soon as possible as to whether you need a visa or not.

Please note: When it comes to visa matters it is your nationality and not your university that determines the appropriate procedure. Example: If you study in a European country and have a residence permit for this country but your nationality is not European, you need to apply for a student visa in Germany. If this is the case please contact the German Embassy in your country of origin or the German Embassy in your country of studies.

Visa Procedure Exchange students from Non-European Countries