Admission Requirements for Bachelor’s Degree Programs
Students with foreign secondary school and/or university credentials must apply online to the Ludwigshafen University of Business and Society. Before you click on the Online-Portal, please have a look at this page to learn more about our admissions procedures.
Please note: as the main language of instruction is German, the online application is only available in German.
Applicants with either European or non-European citizenship are required to provide the following documents:
Secondary School and University Diplomas
- Qualification for university entrance (Hochschulzugangsberechtigung) from your home country with transcripts. The Department of International Affairs determines whether your qualification for university entrance from your home country also makes you eligible to study at the post-secondary level in Germany. for more information please see under DAAD database for admission requirements
- Chinese, Vietnamese and Mongolian applicants must have their documents verified by the Academic Evaluation Center in Peking or Ulan Bator, respectively. The original certificate from the Academic Evaluation Center must be included in the application.
- Assessment Test (Feststellungsprüfung) from a Preparatory College (Studienkolleg) for business-related studies: For students pursuing a business-related degree, only the W-course at the Preparatory College (concentration in the social sciences and administration) is accepted. The original assessment test certificate from your preparatory course must always be submitted along with the relevant documents from the secondary and post-secondary schools you previously attended in your home country.
- Assessment Test (Feststellungsprüfung) from a Preparatory College (Studienkolleg) for studies in Social Work or Health Care: To enroll in these programs of study, only “W” or “S” preparatory courses will be accepted (concentrations in the social sciences or humanities, respectively). The original assessment test certificate from your preparatory course must always be submitted along with the relevant documents from the secondary and post-secondary schools previously attended in your home country.
- Assessment Test (Feststellungsprüfung) from a Preparatory College (Studienkolleg) for business information technology studies: For students pursuing a business-related degree, only the W-course and t-course at the Preparatory College (concentration in the social sciences and administration) is accepted. The original assessment test certificate from your preparatory course must always be submitted along with the relevant documents from the secondary and post-secondary schools you previously attended in your home country.
Preparatory Colleges (Studienkolleg) in Rheinland-Pfalz
Applicants who do not possess a valid qualification for university entrance and would like to attend a preparatory college in Rheinland-Pfalz can apply directly to the following:
- Preparatory College for University of Applied Science Applicants at the University of Applied Sciences Kaiserslautern
- Preparatory College for University Applicants at the University of Mainz
Here you will find a list of all preparatory colleges in Germany.
Proof of German Language Skills
- Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang-2 (DSH-2) taken at a University in Germany
- C1 Certificate from the Goethe Institute
- Test-Deutsch als Fremdsprache (TestDaF) with the result of at least “4” in all 4 parts of the test
- Deutsches Sprachdiplom II (DSD II) from the Conference of Education Ministers (Kulturministerkonferenz) on level C1 in all 4 parts
- ÖSD C1
- Telc C1 Hochschule with the result "befriedigend", "gut" and "sehr gut"
Certificates verifying the number of hours you attended a course do not serve as sufficient proof of German language skills.
Certificates from private language schools cannot be ackowledged.
If your certificate is older than 3 years and you haven't continously studies in German, we cannot accept your German language certificate.
If you do not yet have sufficient German language skills to directly apply for admission, you can attend a preparatory language course at an institute in the Mannheim/Ludwigshafen area. Further information can be found here.
English Language Skills
At a minimum, an intermediate level of English language skills is necessary for all programs of study. A certificate of English language skills, however, is not required. English instruction at the Ludwigshafen University of Business and Society is oriented on the language level of students who have graduated from the German secondary school system, i.e. who have studied English for at least 5-7 years.
A full-time internship of at least two months or work experience in a business-related field (i.e. administration, accounting, financial management, marketing, sales, data processing, bookkeeping) is required for the Bachelor degree program of International Personnel Management and Organisation.
For the Bachelor program in Social Work a full-time internship of 3 months or work experience in a field related to Social work is required
- Tabular CV in German
- 1 photograph
- Proof of periods of study in Germany (if any):
1. Certificates of enrollment (Immatrikulationsbescheinigung),
2. transcripts or evidence of academic achievement (Leistungsnachweise),
3. Certificates of Good Standing (Unbedenklichkeitsbescheinigung)
IMPORTANT! All documents must be submitted as notarized copies of original documents with certified translations into a common European language (German, English, French, or Spanish). Copies of original notarized documents will not be accepted.
Additionally, please make sure to observe student visa regulations for your home country and contact the local German Consulate for guidance.
In order to register at the University of Applied Sciences, you will need to provide a valid student visa. Registration is not possible without it.