Students with foreign secondary school and/or university credentials must apply online to the Ludwigshafen University of Business and Society. Before you apply through our Online-Portal, please have a look at this page to learn more about our admissions procedures.
Please note: as the main language of instruction is German, the online application is only available in German.
- Qualification for university entrance (Hochschulzugangsberechtigung) from your home country with transcripts. Original school and university transcripts and certificates from a successfully completed Bachelor’s degree program (or similar) in the area of Business Studies and Economics are required; for the Master’s Degree Program in Business Information Technology with a Focus in Information Management & Consulting also a Bachelor’s degree program (or similar) in the area of Informatics or Business Information Technology is accepted. Certified translations of these documents into German or English must also be provided. for more inforamtion please see underDAAD database on admission requirements
The Department of International Affairs determines whether the degree obtained in your home country qualifies you to begin a consecutive Master’s degree program at the Ludwigshafen University of Business and Society.
- Chinese, Vietnamese and Mongolian applicants must have their documents verified by the Academic Evaluation Center in Peking or Ulan Bator, respectively. The original certificate from the Academic Evaluation Center must be included in the application.
- Minimum Grade: All consecutive Master’s degree programs require a minimum average grade of 2.5 (German grading system) in your first degree.
- for the following degree programs: Controlling, M.A.; Innovation Management, M.A.; Finance and Accounting,M.A.; Information Management & Consulting,M.Sc.; and Logistics,M.A., Socia Work, M.A.: Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang-2 (DSH-2) taken at a University in Germany or C1 Certificate from the Goethe Institute or Test-Deutsch als Fremdsprache (TestDaF) with the result of at least “4” in all 4 parts of the test or Deutsches Sprachdiplom II (DSD II) from the Conference of Education Ministers (Kulturministerkonferenz) on level C1 in all 4 parts or ÖSD C1 or Telc C1 Hochschule with the result "befriedigend", "gut" and "sehr gut"
- for the following degree programs: International Human Resource Management, M.A.; International Marketing-Management, M.A.: DSH-3 taken at a university in Germany or TestDaF (with a result of “5” in all parts) or ÖSD C2 or or Telc C2 Hochschule with the result "befriedigend", "gut" and "sehr gut"
Certificates verifying the number of hours you attended a course does not serve as sufficient proof of German language skills.
Certificates from private language school cannot be ackowledged.
If your certificate is older than 3 years and you haven't continously studies in German, we cannot accept your German language certificate.
If you do not yet have sufficient German language skills to directly apply for admission, you can attend a preparatory language course at an institute in the Mannheim/Ludwigshafen area. Further information can be found here.
A number of lectures are held in English in all Master’s degree programs. For this reason, English language skills at the B2 level (according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages) are essential.
- Tabular CV in German
- 1 photograph
- Proof of periods of study in Germany if any:
1. Certificates of enrollment (Immatrikulationsbescheinigung)
2. Transcripts or evidence of academic achievement (Leistungsnachweise) 3. and Certificates of Good Standing (Unbedenklichkeitsbescheinigung)
IMPORTANT! All documents must be submitted as notarized copies of original documents with certified translations into German or English. Copies of original notarized documents will not be accepted.
Please make sure to observe student visa regulations for your home country and contact the local German Consulate for guidance.
In order to register at the University of Applied Sciences, you will need to provide a valid student visa. Registration is not possible without it!