The Kuratorium serves as a link between the university and social, economic, and political forces of the region. It was constituted on April 15, 1997 during the establishment of the independence of the Ludwigshafen University of Business and Society. The Kuratorium has the task of guiding development within the university in the areas of teaching and research, transfer of research findings into practice, and continuing academic training. In questions of fundamental and organizational issues, the Kuratorium offers constructive criticism. It makes recommendations and gives opinions on central issues from the standpoint of the public and encourages cooperation with local businesses and other regional institutions.
Thirteen members work together on the Kuratorium and are appointed to a term of five years. A Head and three Assistant Heads are elected from among the members.
- Thomas Traue, Head of the Kuratorium, Board Member of the Sparkasse Vorderpfalz
- Dr. Rüdiger Beyer, Assistant Head of the Kuratorium, Chief Executive Officer of the IHK for the Pfalz
- Dr. Michael Böhmer, Board Member of the Chamber of Tax Consultants, Rheinland-Pfalz
- Michael Hanf, Director, TechnologieZentrum Ludwigshafen am Rhein
- Peter Johann, Assistant Head of the Kuratorium, Senior Vice President BASF SE
- Karin Kessel, Head of Ecclesiastical Council, Protestant Church of the Pfalz
- Thomas Kübler, Chief Executive Officer, Kübler GmbH
- Dr. Eva Lohse, Mayor, Ludwigshafen am Rhein
- Marion Schneid, State Parliamentary Representative (CDU)
- Beatrix Schnitzius, Assistant Head of the Kuratorium, Head of the Executive Board of the Federal Employment Agency, Ludwigshafen am Rhein
- Kerstin Schulze, State Parliamentary Representative (Bündnis 90/ Die Grünen)
- Anke Simon, State Parliamentary Representative (SPD)
- Martina Stamm, Head of Corporate Communication, BKK Pfalz